Supplier News Breaks Archives
Vidal Sassoon unveils Pro Series hair care line
January 8th, 2013
CINCINNATI – P&G Beauty & Grooming aims to make "salon genius available to all" with the launch of the new Vidal Sassoon Pro Series hair care, color and styling line.
The Procter & Gamble hair care brand said Tuesday that Vidal Sassoon Pro Series features five care and styling collections and at-home color kits that help women easily care for and maintain their beautiful hair at home while showcasing their individual, real-life style — and at an affordable price.
Pro Series collections include the following:
• Color Collection: Features advanced P&G technology to help seal, protect and hydrate color-treated hair while providing shine. Includes Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner, Color Protect Spray and Color Gloss Crème.
• Moisture Collection: Fights humidity and delivers the correct moisture and hydration balance, smoothness, and shine. Includes Moisture Lock Shampoo and Conditioner, and One Minute Mask.
• Repair Collection: Helps repair signs of damage and protect against future damage. Includes Restoring Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, Heat Protect & Shine Spray, Repair & Finish Spray and One Minute Mask.
• Volume Collection: Adds volume to hair, help protect it from premature breakage, and leave it light and clean. Includes Boost & Lift Shampoo and Conditioner, Boost & Lift Hairspray and Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse.
• Smooth Collection: Hydrates hair while minimizing frizz. Includes Extreme Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner, and Extreme Smooth Combing Crème.
• Styling & Finishing Collection: Provides up to 24 hours of hold, helps protect against heat damage and helps to lock out frizz. Includes Flexible and Extra Firm Hold Hairspray, Extra Firm Hold Mousse and Mega Firm Hold Gel.
Meanwhile, the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series new permanent color kit is designed to deliver long-lasting, affordable color at home. The exclusive VS PrecisionMix formula is mixed to calibrate the right blend of pigments and the result is precise color with 100% grey coverage, and the VS HydraBlock Color Preserving Conditioner coats each strand to help prevent fade out and keep the color vibrant, the company said. The color collection is available in 18 vibrant, permanent color shades that provide 100% gray coverage and long-lasting color.
Plans call for the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series to hit store shelves at mass retailers nationwide this month at a suggested retail price of $2.49 to $8.99.
"We wanted to bring Vidal Sassoon’s legacy to life for a new generation with the Pro Series line,” stated Walter Geiger, P&G's vice president and general manager of North America hair care and color. "Building on Vidal Sassoon's unique vision that democratized beauty for all, we created a line of salon-inspired products that are affordable, accessible and inspire women to become the master of their own hair."