Supplier News Breaks Archives
GMDC unveils top-scanned health/beauty showcase products
June 16th, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Global Market Development Center (GMDC) has announced the Top 10 Scanned Showcase Products at the 2014 Health Beauty Wellness Marketing Conference.
GMDC said Friday that this year's showcase used updated product display scanning with Android smartphone devices. Each item was given a QR code, and buyers used the phones QR code scanner to indicate their interest in items as they toured the showcase room.
Each buyer scan was uploaded from the phone in real time, prompting an e-mail notification to the associated supplier and enabling an immediate recalculation of the most-scanned items displayed on the Showcase Top 10 boards placed throughout the conference area.
By participating in the conference showcase, GMDC supplier members had the opportunity to present and display their products to retailers and wholesalers using any type of merchandising vehicle available, such as floor or countertop displays, pallet programs, clip strips, wing panels and other options. Retailers and wholesalers scheduled appointments to browse through the products in the showcase room.
The top 10 scanned products from this year's Health Beauty Wellness Showcase were the following:
1. MZ Berger: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 28-piece display for 3-in-1 Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner (14 oz.).
2. Eos 2014 Lip Balm Review, with an 18-piece eos Organic Lip Balm Display, 32-piece Half Panel eos Lip Balm Display, eos Strawberry, Sorbet and Sweet Mint Clip Strip, eos Pomegranate Raspberry and Blueberry Acai Clip Strip and 20-piece eos Strawberry/Mint Fishbowl.
3. Alcon Labs 15-piece Alcon Eye Care Display.
4. Coola floor display, with Counter Display and Wing Display options available, for Hang Ten Classic Spray SPF 30 sunscreen.
5. KT Health Athletic Tape Floorstand, for 24-piece (six each of black, blue, beige and pink) or 14-count cotton athletic tape
6. Chattem Inc. Icy Hot Smart Relief Floorstand.
7. Chattem Nasacort/Allegra Allergy Combo 18-piece floorstand.
8. Chattem Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Hand Cream floorstand, holiday stocking stuffer.
9. Cotton Buds Inc. Disney Impulse Assortment, including Disney Cotton Swabs Tins, Disney Cotton Rounds Tins, Disney Microfiber Screen Cleaner Tins, Disney Cotton Swab 100-count Canisters, Frozen Cotton Swab 150-count Canisters and Mickey Hand Soap.
10. Kellogg Co. Bear Naked Energy Bar Hutch.
"The new system proved to be a great improvement over the previous one by putting simplified and familiar technology into the hands of the buyers, providing faster product interest notification to the owners of the showcase items, and allowing for real-time product trending," stated Omar Jibreen, information systems engineer at GMDC.
The 2014 Health Beauty Wellness Conference was held in Orlando, Fla., from May 29 to June 2. The showcase room was open for three days during the conference to retail and wholesale members.
“The showcase is traditionally one of our best-selling tools at a GMDC Marketing Conference," commented Brian Bradley, executive vice president of sales and customer development at Lornamead. "Our customers can easily visualize how our products will look merchandised in their stores. Our closing rate for new and seasonal items has risen several fold through the use of the showcase."