STAMFORD, Conn. — Following this weekend’s Girls Leading Our World (GLOW) Global Summit, Cantu Beauty and global non-profit Women Empowering Nations (WEN) have announced the 12 young women who have been awarded a spot in the Cantu GLOW Global Fellowship.
The Cantu GLOW Global Fellowship is a paid, four-month hands-on experience in the beauty industry, which will conclude with a capstone and group travel seminar in Accra, Ghana this November. During this fellowship, each young woman will be immersed in four areas within the beauty industry — consumer, concept, commercial, and campaign — allowing them to experience a beauty campaign from concept to shelf.
Cantu Beauty is committed to supporting the next generation of female leaders by providing these 12 fellows with resources for professional advancement. The twelve young women were selected from various counties, including the U.S., Nigeria, France, South Africa, Ghana, and the United Kingdom. This news accompanies Cantu’s additional investments to provide career opportunities to facilitate an upward trajectory for the next generation, particularly Black and brown women.
Here is the list of winners:
- Kenyona Thomas – Marketing & Branding Coordinator at Encounter Your Potential
- Denia Smith – Youth activist, founder of She Shall Speaker podcast
- Fatimata Cham – Truman Scholar, founder of Muslims Matter
- Amber Wynne – Hampton Alum, founder of The Period Project
- Jasmine Bacchus – Incoming Juris Doctor Candidate at Harvard Law School, Inaugural Gucci Changemaker Award Winner
- Rachel Appiah – Founder of Amanthis Stationery
- Naomi Grant – Founder of LAMBB film production company
France: Cassandra Verdier – Master student of International Business at ESG Bordeaux
Nigeria: Blessing Ahmodu – Project Manager at Enactus AAUA
- Nyasha Chivonivoni – Undergraduate student at University of Cape Town, founder of Chii the Poemprenuer
- Lucinda Monique Abrahams – Law student at the University of South Africa
Ghana: Cynthia Akalpokbila – Undergraduate student at Ashesi University