VALLEY FORGE, Pa. – AmerisourceBergen announced on Thursday that it is continuing its strategic relationship with the American Oncology Network, LLC (AON), a high-growth medical oncology provider with a focus on supporting the long-term viability of oncology treatment in community-based settings. AmerisourceBergen will support AON in its effort to accelerate key strategic priorities to scale its integrated value-based care delivery model nationwide.
AON currently serves an expanding network of partner practices across 11 states, providing dedicated end-to-end administrative support, access to an extensive array of centralized ancillary services, and proven practice management expertise. Delivered through its local market, physician-led model, AON empowers community-based practices with the necessary tools, support and capital to effectively navigate today’s increasingly dynamic healthcare landscape and practice value-based care within the community at scale.
“Our partnership with AmerisourceBergen is an important part of our effort to grow our network, expand our solution suite, and deliver exceptional services to our partner practices and their patients,” said AON CEO Brad Prechtl.
AON board member and chairman Dr. Stephen Orman added, “AmerisourceBergen is an industry leader with a proven track record of achieving exceptional results, and we look forward to
collaborating further to expand our national oncology network.”
AmerisourceBergen’s ION Solutions supports AON with GPO contracting. Oncology Supply handles distribution of chemotherapy and supportive care products to AON practices. Additional integrated service offerings available to AON practices through ION and Oncology Supply include:
- Dedicated account teams that actively consult on inventory and creating operational efficiencies
- Robust inventory of specialty and full-line oral, infusible and injectable products
- Technology, analytics and informatics solutions to drive higher-quality and lower-costs
- Inventory management solutions
- Centralized library of precision medicine testing recommendations and resources through ION Solutions’ Precision Medicine Center
Ongoing educational conference series designed to facilitate peer-to-peer learning and networking and strengthen the community of independent oncologists
- The largest, longest-tenured pharmacy program that assists community oncology practices in successfully optimizing a medically integrated dispensing program
“As a company that’s pharmaceutical-centered and community focused, we strive for partners like AON,” said Brian Ansay, president Specialty Physician Group Purchasing, AmerisourceBergen. “AON’s physician-led model and patient-centric services are creating new opportunities in community oncology, and we are excited about their vision for the future.”
AON is physician led and physician governed. For more information about AON, please visit: www.AONcology.com.