LAS VEGAS, Nev. – AmerisourceBergen and Good Neighbor Pharmacy unveiled Friday tools to help pharmacies connect with customers in new and meaningful ways. The solutions were presented at ThoughtSpot 2019, Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s annual trade show, and represent the organization’s continued evolution to ensure pharmacists have the resources they need to be the pharmacy of choice in their communities. The new solutions include:
• Digital Marketing Services: Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s augmented suite of digital marketing solutions offers independents the ability to target the right people at the right time with customized messages that showcase their unique brand and pharmacy services. Social media and reputation management support, Google Paid Search, and localized web pages are among the innovative collection of services.
• The new social media and reputation management program allows pharmacists to manage their online presence from a single dashboard. Through the program, customers can source, customize and schedule professionally developed social media posts across multiple profiles. Users can also track online engagement in real-time and monitor patient reviews across various sites and social media platforms.
• Google Paid Search is a highly effective, cost-efficient form of advertising that allows pharmacists to target their customers locally on the world’s most popular search engine, so they can reach patients. When using Google Paid Search, the pharmacy can bump their store up to the top of the results page when customers within driving distance run pharmacy-related searches on Google.
• Independents can expand their web presence by customizing a dedicated local page for their pharmacy on MyGNP.com. This digital destination is automatically populated with information about the pharmacy and can be updated with additional content on-demand.
• Good Neighbor Pharmacy members will receive white-glove support from a trusted advertising expert. Advertising managers will review current digital assets, solidify the pharmacy’s online presence and help the pharmacy strategize timely campaigns to correspond with the promotions that will have the biggest impact on the business.
• The Market Analysis Report: This report overlays patient demographics with local prescriber and disease state insights to give pharmacists a holistic view of their local market. Good Neighbor Pharmacy business coaches can help pharmacists interpret and apply the report’s comprehensive market data to both in-store operations and external marketing efforts. For example, pharmacists can use the insights gleaned from the market analysis report to inform pharmacy product selection, areas of specialization, social media strategies and digital advertising campaigns to ensure their services and external messaging resonate with current and potential patients. The report can also be used to evaluate new areas for potential expansion, enabling owners to better understand the opportunities and demographics of their markets.
• Medication Adherence Support: New in 2019 is the Five Star Rebate Safety Net program in partnership with Prescribe Wellness. Designed to supplement a pharmacy’s existing adherence programs, the Five Star Rebate Safety Net program is a calling service that combines proactive and reactive messaging to help patients in the 70%-80% adherence range. Good Neighbor Pharmacy is also offering updated Week-at-a-Glance Reports that highlights easy-to-use information right in the body of an email. This report highlights wins and calls out opportunities for patient engagement. These new programs augment AmerisourceBergen’s suite of adherence offerings, which include EQuIPP (Electronic Quality Improvement Platform for Plans and Pharmacies), the Patient Engagement Center, InSite Analytics Suite, educational webinars and content, business coaching and more.
“In this very dynamic healthcare environment, now is the time for independents to tell their stories — to patients, to prescribers, and to legislators – and to further strengthen these relationships,” said Brian Nightengale, president of Good Neighbor Pharmacy and SVP, Community & Specialty Pharmacy, AmerisourceBergen. “Independent pharmacists work hard every day to deliver the best possible care for their patients, and their communities need to know what sets them apart. Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s core programs, along with our team of business coaches, managed care experts, advertising managers, merchandisers and our sales and customer care teams, empower pharmacies to do that. We are excited to announce new offerings and continue to evolve to help pharmacists pick the right solutions that work for them. We want to fit into their workflow, help protect their independence and strengthen the connections that matter most.”
To close out general session, AmerisourceBergen recognized Lone Star Pharmacy and owner Andy McDonald from Santa Fe, Texas as the recipient of Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s 2019 Pharmacy of the Year Award. Lone Star Pharmacy stands out as a healthcare destination to many living in the Santa Fe area. Since 2015, patients have turned to McDonald to deliver the personalized care needed to improve their health. Having worked in a pharmacy since he was 16 years old, Andy works closely with patients to provide the type of unparalleled customer service only experienced at an independent community pharmacy. Additionally, Lone Star Pharmacy has been a vital member of the community, working with its patients who have been impacted by workforce strikes to provide access to affordable care.
While at the four-day annual trade show, attendees could attend a range of continuing education courses, panel sessions, and workshops, including the second annual “Women in Pharmacy” networking event. The AmerisourceBergen Foundation, an independent not-for-profit charitable giving organization dedicated to supporting health-related causes, also invited nonprofit partners Healthcare Ready, JDRF and Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) to ThoughtSpot to provide pharmacists with a range of best practices including, how to prepare for natural disasters, engage and support patients with diabetes and help address the opioid crisis in local communities.
ThoughtSpot is an annual conference hosted by Good Neighbor Pharmacy, a national independent pharmacy network offered through AmerisourceBergen. Good Neighbor Pharmacy aims to equip independent pharmacists with practices and resources they can use to transform their businesses to improve profitability and maintain their position as a vital source of patient care in their local communities.