The Seattle-area drug chain said Wednesday that the 5,500-square-foot expansion, to be unveiled on Sunday, Nov. 8, makes the Bellevue Village store — now at 20,100 square feet — the largest of its 64 locations.
“For those who live and work in Bellevue, this store evolves the drug store shopping experience and offers convenience and innovative offerings and services,” Bartell Drugs president and chief executive officer Brian Unmacht said in a statement. “We’re proud to have served the Bellevue community since 1954, and this major remodel and expansion reinforces our commitment and excitement to this growing and vibrant community.”
Located in the heart of downtown Bellevue at 10116 NE 8th Street, the store sports a new clock tower and fresh interior design, according to Bartell Drugs.
And reflecting the retailer’s “hyperlocal” focus, the store includes an array of new features and product areas spotlighting local partners, including the following:
• The Bellevue Fountain, offering in-store barista services with fresh-brewed coffee and espresso drinks from Seattle’s Caffe Vita.
• Scooped servings of Bartell’s Emerald & Spruce premium ice cream in partnership with local Snoqualmie Ice Cream.
• The Bellevue introduction of Bartell’s popular Growler Station, with nine local craft beers on tap for take-home plus root beer, Kombucha tea beverage and cold brew coffee.
• Fresh “on-the-fly eats” and baked goods from the local Schwartz Brothers Bakery.
• A large selection of Washington wines and craft brews, healthy and unique snacks, premium chocolates and other products from the Puget Sound area.
• A CareClinic walk-in medical clinic, to be open seven days a week and staffed by certified nurse practitioners from Bartell partner Group Health.
Bartell said the store’s spacious, full-service pharmacy and waiting area has been remodeled and offers a wide range of health care services.
Other store features include the expanded “Beauty” cosmetics section showcasing seasonal and on-trend colors, shades and products; the retailer’s “Sweets & Snacks” section and a vitamins and supplements department.
A grand reopening sale will be held on Nov. 13 and 14 and offer coupons for free products, including Emerald & Spruce ice cream cones, cups of Caffe Vita coffee or latte, and a free Growler bottle with beer fill up, as well as a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. Other offers will include buy-one-get one-free and discounts on household, health, beauty and consumables products.