WASHINGTON — On Monday, the CHPA Educational Foundation announced an expanded awards program for its fourth annual Gala on November 12, 2019 at the Plaza in New York City. Five new OTC Marketing Awards will be added to the program, recognizing the marketing expertise and innovation in the consumer healthcare products industry.
The five new awards will recognize top performers in digital marketing, corporate social responsibility, and innovation:
- Best OTC Digital Campaign
- Best OTC Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign
- OTC Launch of the Year
- OTC Innovative Marketing Campaign of the Year on a Budget of Less than $5M
- OTC Innovative Marketing Campaign of the Year on a Budget of More than $5M
Nine esteemed judges from industry, retail, academia, and media will independently score the entries:
- David Blair, Head of Industry, Healthcare, Google, Inc.
- Piyush Chaudhari, CEO at sgsco
- George Coleman, Senior Vice President of Merchandising, CVS Health
- Tom Goodwin, EVP, Head of Innovation, Zenith Media
- Susan Isenberg, Global Sector Chair, Health, Edelman
- Professor Clarence Lee, Assistant Professor at the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Steve Neumann, Principal, Cardinal Points Consulting LLC
- George Quesnelle, Senior Strategic Advisor, OTC Commercialization and Optimization, Pinney Associates
- M’Lou Walker, Chief Executive Officer, Pacific World Corporation
“These new awards give us an opportunity to recognize the strategic innovation and marketing acumen in the OTC industry. Our renowned panel of judges brings a whole new level of credibility and excitement to the process,” said Anita Brikman, executive director of the CHPA Educational Foundation. “We hope these awards spur competition among OTC marketers and serve as a memorable addition to the foundation’s Gala award programming, which also includes highlighting key partners who have helped us advance our mission on responsible self-care.”
In addition to the new marketing awards, the foundation will be honoring two partners for their commitment to advancing responsible self-care through collaborative initiatives. The American Association of Nurse Practitioners will receive the Outstanding Community Partner of the Year Award and Harris Teeter will receive the Distinguished Retail Partner of the Year Award.
The annual gala is the foundation’s main fundraising event, which highlights its important work and achievements to educate consumers about safe use, storage, and disposal of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, with flagship initiatives like the Acetaminophen Awareness Coalition’s Know Your Dose campaign and the Up and Away campaign, led by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and its PROTECT Initiative.