ARLINGTON, Va. — HDA and its distributor-member companies continue to work with partners across the pharmaceutical supply chain and public sector in response to COVID-19.
Below are new resources that provide insight into our industry’s efforts:
- HDA Principles for Pandemic and Public Health Emergency Response: Released on June 11, HDA reaffirmed the industry’s commitment to assisting the public sector and frontline providers by highlighting four areas — supply chain coordination, treatment and vaccine distribution, data sharing and supply chain production — where the industry stands ready to lend its expertise.
- HDA Letter to Health and Human Services: HDA sent a June 10 letter to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to offer recommendations, as well as the distribution industry’s logistics infrastructure and expertise, as the COVID-19 response becomes increasingly focused on preparing for treatment and vaccine distribution.
- Blog Posts: HDA is spotlighting how distributors are going above and beyond during COVID-19 in a blog series on HealthDelivered.org. Recent posts have featured McKesson, AmerisourceBergen, Value Drug and TopRx, and showcase how these companies are supporting local communities and empowering employees during this public health crisis.
- Video: Last month, HDA released a two-minute video featuring HDA President and CEO Chip Davis to highlight the industry’s critical function as it adapts and rises to the challenge of COVID-19, while also continuing to meet the daily healthcare needs of all Americans.
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols: As businesses operate under a “new normal,” HDA updated its recommended protocols for warehouses based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Food and Drug Administration, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other authorities.
To view more of HDA’s pandemic response resources, visit www.hda.org/covid19.