Campbell has more than 20 years of experience in the health industry. He previously served as the senior director, North American (NA) regional regulatory lead for Pfizer Consumer Health. In his role, he was responsible for leading the NA Regulatory Affairs department in the development and execution of regulatory strategies for over-the-counter drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements and cosmetics for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Prior to that, he held a variety of positions at large and mid-sized health care companies including Sanofi-Aventis, Daiichi Medical Research, Altana Pharma, and Watson Pharma.
CRN’s 2019 board of directors is listed below with executive committee appointees noted with an asterisk. The executive committee serves as an advisory council to the board and offers guidance on critical topics effecting the association’s member companies and the dietary supplement industry. Board Officers are indicated in parenthesis on the list. Steve Mister, CRN president and chief executive officer, will continue to serve as a Board Officer. CRN’s former chair (2015-2016), and immediate past chair, Harvey Kamil, vice chairman of The Nature’s Bounty Co. was elected by the board to a new position, chair emeritus. In this capacity, Kamil will continue to serve as a non-voting member of CRN’s Executive Committee, as well as a full voting member of the Board of Directors and will provide counsel to CRN officers.
CRN Board of Directors 2019
- Susanne Andersen-Baekgaard, Bifodan A/S
- Aaron Bartz, Ortho Molecular Products
- Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories*
- Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
- David Campbell, RB Health (US) LLC* (chair)
- Chad Clawson, Nutraceutical Corporation*
- Michael Costello, The Clorox Company/Nutranext
- Teresa Gonzalez Ruiz, Bayer HealthCare
- Mike Devereux, Nature’s Way Brands*
- Mike Finamore, Gemini Pharmaceuticals
- Bill Frankos, Herbalife, Ltd.
- Laura Harkness, Church and Dwight Co. Inc.*
- Daniel Hassan, Physician’s Seal
- David Hilton, Natrol, LLC
- Mark Hornick, Jamieson Wellness Inc.
- Kirk Jowers, doTERRA International*
- Harvey Kamil, The Nature’s Bounty Co.* (chair emeritus)
- Randy King, Procter & Gamble/New Chapter Inc.*
- Allison Levy, AdvoCare International, LP* (treasurer)
- Ken Myers, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
- Scott Ravech, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes*
- Barry Ritz, Atrium Innovations, Inc.* (chair elect)
- Craig Sheehan, Activ Nutritional, LLC
- Brian Smith, MeriCal, LLC
- Nancy Steely, Arbonne International, LLC*
- Michelle Stout, Amway/Nutrilite
- Ben Teicher, Healthy Directions, LLC
- Tu Tran, Pharma Tech Industries
- Robert Uccardi, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
- Danielle Virant, Abbott Nutrition
- David Blackwood , DSM Nutritional Products*
- Kevin Boot, Embria Health Sciences
- Bruce Brown, Natreon Inc.
- Sandy Chien, HORN Nutraceuticals
- Leo Cullen, Kyowa Hakko U.S.A, Inc.
- Sherry Duff, Innophos, Inc.
- Jim Hamilton, Neptune Wellness Solutions
- Jim Hyde, Balchem Human Nutrition & Pharma* (immediate past chair)
- James Komorowski, Nutrition 21
- Micah Osborne, Stratum Nutrition*
- Beth Tormey, Lonza, Inc.
- Jim Watson, Watson Inc.* (secretary)
In addition, Mr. Campbell appointed the following committee chairs.
- Audit Committee — Jim Hamilton, Neptune Wellness Solutions
- Communications and Media Outreach Committee — Ruth Winker, Jamieson Wellness Inc.
- CRN Political Action Committee — Allison Levy, Advocare International, LP
- Government Relations Committee —Bethany Davis, FoodState
- International Trade and Market Development Committee — Christine Beltran, doTERRA International (chair), and Scott Mobley, Clorox (vice chair)
- Legal Committee — Greg Fortsch, The Nature’s Bounty Co.
- Membership Committee — Scott Ravech, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes
- Personnel & Compensation Committee — Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
- Regulatory Affairs Committee — Russell Michelson, Pfizer Consumer Health (Chair), and Danielle Citrolo, Kyowa Hakko USA, Inc. (co-chair)
- Senior Scientific Advisory Council — Annahita Ghassemi, Church & Dwight (Chair), and Susan Mitmesser, Pharmavite LLC (vice chair)