“We are delivering real change to the health care system,” said Dr. Alan Lotvin, chief transformation officer for CVS Health. “Through HealthHUBs, consumers are at the center of an unmatched retail health experience. The HealthHUB products and services are designed specifically with the consumer’s health needs, challenges, and goals in mind, so that they can easily receive coordinated, personalized care in a familiar, neighborhood location.”
CVS Health began piloting HealthHUB locations last year in Houston, Texas to overwhelming customer satisfaction. The introduction of 16 HealthHUBs in Atlanta is part of the company’s strategy to scale the program nationally with plans to have up to 1,500 locations operating throughout the U.S. by the end of 2021.
“Patients deserve the tools and support necessary to manage their chronic conditions and achieve the best possible health outcomes,” said U.S. Senator David Perdue (R-GA), who commemorated the dedication of the new stores. “I applaud CVS Health for investing in the health of our state, and for providing an affordable solution for patients’ everyday needs.”
For many Americans, health care can be difficult to navigate. At a time when chronic disease continues to grow in prevalence and impact in the U.S., patients are also facing complexities and fragmentation when seeking the right care. Today, one in two Americans has at least one chronic illness, with data showing that close to $500 billion of the costs associated with chronic disease are avoidable.1 What’s more, nine out of 10 (91%) patients say they need more help with chronic disease management.2 The HealthHUB store format was developed to help people manage chronic conditions more conveniently and affordably by improving the overall patient experience and featuring a wide array of health and wellness products, clinical services and expertise.
“Today’s health care system has to evolve to provide patients with the coordinated care and tools they need to manage their chronic conditions and easily determine what is best for their health,” said Georgia Department of Community Health Commissioner Frank Berry, who attended the dedication of the new stores. “I applaud CVS Health for creating a new front door to health care, and see a significant upside for the people of Atlanta with their access to HealthHUBs.”
Among the key features incorporated in a HealthHUB include:
Greater Selection of Health and Wellness Products
- Shop hundreds of products such as health devices that sync to your mobile phone, aromatherapy, fitness essentials, durable medical equipment, sleep apnea products and more.
More Personalized Support at CVS Pharmacy
- Education and counseling for patients with chronic conditions, helping to identify their next best action that enables better health outcomes and reduces medical costs.
- Pharmacist-led diabetes education counseling and smart device coaching for select blood glucose monitors.
- Smoking cessation plans for patients and caregivers to help patients quit smoking.
Expanded Services at MinuteClinic
- Services for minor illnesses and injuries, as well as immunizations, wellness and health checks.
- Screening, treatment and monitoring for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Annual diabetic exam, including retinopathy screening.
- End-to-end sleep apnea solution, including sleep assessment by an independent third party provider.
- Suite of services to help manage common health conditions for young adults.
- Phlebotomy services in conjunction with a MinuteClinic visit.
Access to In-Store Community Programs
- Wellness rooms for group events such as health screenings, nutritional and lifestyle coaching, and benefits education.
- Learning table for customers to explore health and wellness apps and shop our expanded assortment of products on CVS.com.
HealthHUB locations will also feature an on-site Care Concierge team responsible for customer engagement, including educating customers about new service offerings, helping them navigate in-store services and events, and connecting them to a team of providers.
“I love the new HealthHUB and my care concierge Shandia,” said Anthony Green, a local pastor who frequents the HUB location in Marietta, GA to naturally manage his diabetes, access supplies for his CPAP equipment and partake in community wellness events. “What CVS Health is doing is very innovative, and the investment the company is making in creating a local destination for affordable, quality care has empowered me to improve the health of my mind, body and spirit.”
CVS Health has 53 HealthHUB locations operational in five states, including Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas. The company plans to bring its HealthHUB store format to 17 states in the first part of 2020 as part of its national expansion.
The HealthHUB locations in Greater Atlanta include:
- 865 N. Highland Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30306
- 800 East West Connector SW, Austell, GA 30106
- 1950 Buford Highway, Buford, GA 30518
- 6120 Hickory Flat Highway, Canton, GA 30115
- 4192 Salem Road, Covington, GA 30016
- 4895 Post Road, Cumming, GA 30040
- 3027 Jim Moore Road, Dacula, GA 30019
- 6031 Fairburn Road, Douglasville, GA 30134
- 5710 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 33043
- 2720 Loganville Highway, Loganville, GA 30052
- 3905 Due West NW Road, Marietta, GA 30064
- 687 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 33068
- 2 N. Zack Hinton Parkway, McDonough, GA 30253
- 2305 Highway 34 East, Newnan, GA 30265
- 5370 Lauren Springs Parkway, Suwanee, GA 30024
- 1600 Town Lake Parkway, Woodstock, GA 30189
Added Lotvin, “Our company has long focused on ways to bring effective tools, resources and solutions to our communities in order to improve health care for individuals and their families. With HealthHUB, we are taking that commitment to the next level.”