BOSTON — Gillette announced the roll out of King C. Gillette, a new brand offering the complete range of tools and products any man needs to help him perfect his facial hair style and grooming regimen at home. Inspired by more than 115 years of innovation and grooming experience, the line gives a nod to the company’s heritage by bearing the name of founder King Camp Gillette, with products that meet the grooming needs of today’s man.
The King C. Gillette tools and facial hair care essentials – which include the iconic double-edged safety razor that was pioneered back in 1901 by King C. Gillette – and beard-care products including beard wash and oil – promise to help men with facial hair to look and feel their best by giving them the ‘tools of the trade’ to master their look.
“We’re excited to announce the launch of the King C. Gillette range – the first complete lineup of products and tools designed for men with facial hair, said Gary Coombe, CEO of Gillette. “Our founder King C. Gillette revolutionized the male grooming experience more than a century ago, and so it is fitting that this new brand bears his name. All men have their own grooming styles and rituals which is personal to them, and so we’ve put all our years of shaving experience together with the very best razor, hair and skin care technologies to create this full range of tools, accessories and care products to meet all the grooming needs of all men. It’s the one-stop shop for grooming that men have been looking for.”
At launch, the range – which can be categorized into three sections: shave & edge, trim and care, will feature:
Shave & Edge:
- Double Edge Safety Razor and Blade Refills – an icon of style for precise edges
- Shave and Edging Razor and Blade Refills – with 5 premium blades for closeness and precision trimmer for edging
- Transparent Shave Gel – clear formula so you can see exactly where you are shaving
- Beard trimmer – cordless with three interchangeable combs, for all beard styles
- Daily Beard & Face Wash (350ml) – refreshing cleanser infused with coconut water, and patented hair conditioning technology, that has been optimized especially for beards, that leave skin & hair feeling soft and smooth
- Soft Beard Balm (100ml) – conditioning balm with cocoa butter, can be used as a leave-in product or a deep conditioning wash-off mask
- Beard Oil (30ml) – Lightweight and non-greasy, features argan oil to soften facial hair and moisturize skin underneath the beard
The King C. Gillette shave gel, beard & face wash, beard balm and beard oil have been formulated with plant-based ingredients including argan oil, avocado oil, coconut water, aloe vera, white tea extract and cocoa butter. Each of these products features the King C. Gillette signature scent which has been developed by Gillette’s own expert perfume team in close collaboration with an international fragrance house and trend experts. The signature scent was designed to evoke the brand’s narrative of history and heritage combined with modern masculinity, with top notes of cardamom and ginger, heart notes of lavender and bourbon oil, and base notes including patchouli and sandalwood.
King C. Gillette is available now at Walgreens locations nationwide and online at Walgreens.com from a suggested retail price of $5.99 – $29.99. Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer. For further information on the full range of King C. Gillette products, please visit KingCGillette.com.