ARLINGTON, Va. — The Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA) announced today the election of Greg Drew, president of Value Drug Company, as chairman of HDA’s board of directors. Robert Mauch, executive vice president and group president at AmerisourceBergen Corporation, was elected vice chairman. The new leadership was announced at the HDA Annual Board and Membership Meeting.
Drew, who recently served as vice chairman, assumes the chairmanship from Jon Giacomin, chief executive officer, Medical Segment, Cardinal Health. Giacomin is leaving the board following two years as chairman.
“As the Board of Directors continues the critical work of promoting the savings, efficiencies and safety that distributors provide to the healthcare industry, it is my pleasure to welcome Greg and Bob into their new roles, while thanking Jon for his service to HDA,” said John Gray, president and CEO, HDA.
HDA also announced the following appointments to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors:
- Chad Gielen, president/CEO, Louisiana Wholesale Drug Co. Inc.
Board of Directors
- Michael Broome, CEO, Mutual Wholesale Drug Company
- Saul Factor, president, Smith Drug Company, Div. J M Smith Corporation
- Juan Carlos Hernandez, executive vice president and general manager, Drogueria Betances
- Nishit Mehta, CEO, HyGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jacob Paskes, member, CEO, BluPax Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Additional information on the HDA Board of Directors and a full membership listing is available on the Alliance website.