Kerr Drug is taking a multichannel approach with its new customer rewards program, enabling shoppers and patients to access information and savings in stores as well as through the chain's Web site and via e-mail, online videos, mobile devices and social media.
"Our move into digital media helps us to grow our relationships with customers and respond more quickly to customer feedback," commented Kerr Drug president and CEO Tony Civello.
RALEIGH, N.C. — Kerr Drug is taking a multichannel approach with its new customer rewards program, enabling shoppers and patients to access information and savings online, in stores, from mobile devices and via social media.
The drug store chain said Wednesday that the launch makes it one of the nation’s first chain pharmacies to incorporate all six platforms — Web site, in-store, e-mail, video, mobile and social media — into a loyalty program, giving customers multiple points of access to get advice on health care, be alerted to breaking medical news and receive other useful content, as well as be rewarded for shopping at Kerr.
"Kerr Rewards is designed to reach all of our customers, from the Internet-savvy to the traditional store coupon shopper," Kerr Drug president and chief executive officer Tony Civello said in a statement. "Our move into digital media helps us to grow our relationships with customers and respond more quickly to customer feedback."
The six rewards platforms, Kerr said, include the following:
• Kerr Rewards Mobile: Customers can opt-in to get weekly offers on their mobile device. The technology allows them to display the offer bar code at the register and receive the discount. Coupons can be redeemed multiple times during the coupon life.
• Kerr Rewards Video: Shoppers earn coupons and rewards by watching videos on www.kerrdrug.com. Customers log in, click to watch the video and then print coupons associated with the product. Customers can earn more coupons if they watch more videos.
• Kerr Rewards E-mail: Customers can opt-in to receive e-mail newsletters about specific topics as well as related coupons.
• Kerr Rewards Web: Customers can find additional coupons and advice through Kerr’s social media platforms. The Kerr web site, for instance, has links to the retailer’s blog as well as its pages on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
• Kerr Rewards Register: Shoppers can get instant coupons printed on their register receipt that are redeemable during their next store visit.
• Kerr Rx Rewards: Customers get a $10 gift card for every 10 prescriptions filled when they sign up for the Kerr Rx Rewards program.
"Kerr Drug has a history of innovative health care, and we believe speaking directly to our customers through multiple platforms is critical to fostering a strong relationship with them," Civello stated. "Customer use of technology is evolving, and we must adapt our outreach to offer our health care services."
The availability of all six rewards platforms varies from store to store, Kerr said. The chain operates 90 drug stores in North Carolina.
Kerr launched its video rewards program in March in partnership with AdPerk, a San Francisco-based provider of video marketing solutions.
"Video is powerful — in fact, so powerful that many of our suppliers have already invested in the creation of video. Their problem is distribution and how to use it to sell more products," Bill Baxley, senior vice president of merchandise and marketing at Kerr, stated when the video rewards initiative was announced. "Kerr Video Rewards is a win-win for customers and suppliers. Not only is it a resource for customers looking for more information, but it offers suppliers an accountable environment where their video can make an meaningful impact."
Comments are closed.