GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. – This week, all New York-based Kinney pharmacies will receive initial doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to administer to those age 75 and older only . Appointments will be available at all NY Kinney pharmacies beginning Thursday, January 14.
By New York State mandate, Kinney Pharmacists will be able to vaccinate ONLY people AGE 75 and over by appointment only. In addition, eligible people MUST complete New York State’s mandated vaccination forms and schedule their vaccination appointments online.
Interested persons should visit: https://kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/vaccination-scheduling/ny/ for all necessary information, including:
- How to schedule a vaccination appointment (for those 75 and older only);
- Link to all NYS-mandated online forms;
- Link to Kinney’s online appointment scheduler;
- Expectations for vaccination appointments;
- Senior transportation resources by county;
- Facts on the Moderna vaccine; and
- Cost (there will be no out-of-pocket cost to the patient).
“Since the onset of the pandemic, it has been Kinney’s top priority to be there for our communities to provide the medications, supplies, and care they need,” said Rebecca Bubel. president of Kinney Drugs. “For several weeks, we have been providing drive-through COVID testing in many of our pharmacies, and we are proud that our Kinney pharmacists are now part of the vaccination solution. As we have since 1903, our employee-owners remain 100% committed to supporting our communities on the front lines and will help bring this pandemic under control.”