HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — At the Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago this week, Mars Wrigley Confectionery will debut dozens of new product and packaging launches across its most popular brands. In addition to announcing new innovations, Mars Wrigley Confectionery will share industry-leading insights in category management research and best practices.
“Consumers today are looking for a holistic shopping experience as lines between traditional retail and online shopping continue to blur,” said Tiffany Menyhart, vice president of U.S. Category Leadership at Mars Wrigley Confectionery. “Mars Wrigley Confectionery is investing in a variety of research to help develop tools and insights for retailers to maximize category growth. Numerous retailers have signed on to partner with us on customized merchandising recommendations based on our integrated approach, which features insights for the whole shopping journey, including in stores and online.”
Mars Wrigley Confectionery will also debut new products that address changing consumer preferences, with a focus on seasonal moments throughout the year.
“At Mars Wrigley Confectionery we continuously have a pulse on the latest flavor trends driving growth and make it a priority to address evolving consumer preferences through product innovation,” said Tim LeBel, president of sales for Mars Wrigley Confectionery. “Not only are we delivering exciting new flavor profiles, packaging formats and functional products, but we are also addressing an increasing consumer and retailer desire for unique offerings around key seasonal moments throughout the year.”
To learn more about Mars Wrigley Confectionery seasonal insights, attendees at the NCA Expo can attend the panel discussion “The Reason for the Seasons: Are You Maximizing Your Seasonal Sales?” featuring Mars Wrigley Confectionery vice president of U.S. Category Leadership, Tiffany Menyhart, and NCA’s Larry Wilson, vice president of Industry Affairs. The panel will share information on how to optimize seasonal sales and gain incremental sales on new and untapped opportunities. The session will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Thurs., May 24, in the Discovery Theater of McCormick Place.
The following items that Mars Wrigley Confectionery is featuring at the show include:
- New Items for Halloween 2018: M&M’S Fun Size Milk Chocolate & Peanut Chocolate Candies Glow in the Dark Packs, Skittles Sweet Heat Fun Size, Dove Promises Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate & Caramel Pumpkins, Dove Promises Silky Smooth Chocolate Assortment, Singles Variety Box: M&M’S, Snickers and Skittles, Chocolate Variety Mix Party Bowl, Variety Mix Haunted House Serve & Display and Skittles & Starburst Sweet + Sour Fun Size Mix.
- New Items for Christmas 2018: Holiday Minis Mix Tree Gift Box, Skittles Holiday Mix Candy, Celebrations Chocolates Magnum Gift Bottle, M&M’S Milk Chocolate Candies Yard, Snickers Bar Yard & Twix Bar Yard, M&M’S Peanut Chocolate Candies Holiday Cane and Lifesavers Butter Rum Candy Canes.
- 5 Gum is introducing $0.99 8-stick packs, available exclusively during the 2018 Truth or Dare program: For the fifth straight year, 5 Gum Truth or Dare is back to help bring teens and young adults back to the gum category. For the first time, 5 Gum is bringing a new $0.99 pack available exclusively as part of 2018 Truth or Dare prepacked displays. Available flavors include Cool Mint Vortex, Cool Berry Beta and Smooth Mint Nexus.
- Alert Caffeine Gum gives adults an innovative, simple and portable alternative to energy drinks, coffee and soda. One piece of Alert Caffeine Gum provides 40mg of caffeine, about the same amount as half a cup of coffee. Alert™ is available in Fruit or Mint flavors and can be purchased at retailers nationwide.
- Combos Honey Sriracha is a flavor combination that delivers a well-balanced, sweet honey with garlic and chili pepper Sriracha flavor taste buds will love.
- Dove Chocolate Covered Dusted Almonds and Cashews featuring three bold varieties: Cinnamon Dusted Dark Chocolate Almonds, Sea Salt Dusted Milk Chocolate Cashews and Cocoa Dusted Dark Chocolate Cashews. Each bite is perfectly balanced with the crunch and nutty flavor of cashews or almonds and the silky smooth texture of Dove Chocolate that fans know and love.
- M&M’S White Chocolate Peanut is made of peanuts surrounded by delicious white chocolate and a candy shell. Building off of the success of M&M’S White Chocolate, the product will launch in September 2018, in three pack types to fit everyone’s needs.
- Twix White Chocolate Cookie Bars feature two crunchy cookie bars covered with smooth caramel and enrobed in creamy white chocolate. This item is sure to please, as white chocolate continues to grow in popularity.