ARLINGTON, Va. – The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) announced on Friday new officers, four new executive committee members and three newly elected board of directors members for the coming year. Additionally, the association re-elected three board of directors members whose terms were expiring.
Richard Ashworth, president of Walgreens, will serve as the new chairman of the NACDS board of directors, succeeding Chris Lane, executive vice president of Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite, who completed his term and will remain on the NACDS board of directors.
In addition, Rick Keyes, president and CEO, Meijer, was elected NACDS vice chairman, and Colleen Lindholz, president, Kroger Health, The Kroger Co., was elected NACDS treasurer. Each officer will serve a one-year term.
“I’m honored to serve as board chairman for NACDS, and to do so at such a pivotal time, with our pharmacists across the industry playing a more critical role within the healthcare system than ever before,” Ashworth said. “I look forward to working closely with Steve and all of our members in the coming year, and believe we have a tremendous opportunity to further advance the profession, with pharmacists being recognized as a vital part of patients’ care teams, as well as trusted providers in communities across the country.”
“Every day, Richard Ashworth demonstrates his passion for the future of pharmacy, for the people and communities that pharmacies serve, and for the issues that we address as an industry,” said NACDS president and CEO Steven Anderson. “People in the company and in the industry know that Richard gives his all to his commitments, and that he expects high levels of accomplishment. He will be an outstanding NACDS chairman of the Board.”
Three new board of directors members were also elected:
• Jim Peters, chief operating officer, Rite Aid Corporation
• Jon Roberts, executive vice president and chief operating officer, CVS Health;
• Mike Wysong, chief executive officer, Care Pharmacies.
Three board of directors members were also re-elected to three-year terms:
• Lynne Fruth, president, Fruth Pharmacy
• Brian Nightengale, president, Good Neighbor Pharmacy
• Craig Painter, executive chairman of the Board, Kinney Drug.
The following individuals were elected as new members of the NACDS executive committee:
• Lori Flees, SVP & GMM Health & Wellness, Sam’s Club (Walmart Inc.), who currently serves on the NACDS board of directors
• Colleen Lindholz, who joins the executive committee as NACDS’ treasurer
• Jim Peters, who also is joining the NACDS board of directors
• Jon Roberts, who also is joining the NACDS board of directors.