- Chocolate Malted Krunch: creamy California milk, crispy mini malt balls and a galaxy of dark chocolate specks and flakes.
- Rocky Road: rich chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy California almonds.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: mighty mint flavor and delicious dark chocolate specks and flakes.
- Pistachio Nut: rich, creamy and packed with real premium California pistachios.
- Cookies ‘n Cream: fresh chocolate cookie chunks mixed with creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Butter Pecan: rich, buttery flavored ice cream and bits of butter-roasted pecans.
- Chocolate Chip: creamy vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate chip blend.
- Vanilla: classic vanilla-flavored ice cream.
“The Thrifty Ice Cream brand has been proudly sold in stores and enjoyed by customers for nearly 80 years,” said William Renz, senior vice president, category management and marketing, Rite Aid. “Expanding the availability of this iconic brand is something we wanted to do for our customers to ensure that more generations of ice cream lovers can fall in love with this one-of-a-kind ice cream.”
All Thrifty Ice Cream is made with real California milk, and many of the ice cream recipes have remained the same for 50 years. The Thrifty Ice Cream tradition began in 1940, when the first production plant opened in Hollywood, Calif. In 1976, the plant relocated to El Monte, Calif., where it remains. This highly popular brand has been winning awards for decades, including its first Los Angeles County Fair gold medal in 1952. Thrifty Ice Cream is currently available in 23 flavors in California and up to eight flavors, in 48-ounce containers in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.