NEW YORK — Styling curly hair can be a trying challenge, and one aspect of the natural hair movement that people fail to mention is all the work that goes into maintaining curls, coils and spirals. SheaMoisture’s new Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N’ Go collection offers a solution featuring a layered system to help achieve a defined wash-and-go for a range of textures, from 3A to 4C hair types, and an effect that is said to be truly long-lasting.
Made with natural, certified organic and fair trade ingredients with a bond-building complex that enhances natural curl patterns, the 5-piece collection extends the life of natural hair styles between washes. The products are formulated with Virgin Coconut Oil, which contains Vitamin E and Triglycerides to nourish and retain moisture, and creamy Coconut Milk Custard, which is rich in conditioning fats to help hold the moisture in hair for longer periods of time.
“Our goal when creating this 5-step system was to improve the sometimes daunting process of wash-and-go styles with an intensely nourishing formulas that works together synergistically to make your wash n’ go last longer. The collection blends Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk Custard, Plant Peptides and Pequi Oil helps to maintain length and definition for all textures and types,” says Nicola Chung, senior director of Hair Care Innovation, Sundial Brands, manufacturer of SheaMoisture.
The collection includes:
• Make It Last Wash N’ Go Shampoo ($11.99) – This sulfate-free shampoo gently cleanses and detangles.
• Make It Last Wash N’ Go Conditioner ($11.99) – This quick-absorbing, rich conditioner hydrates and softens while providing weight that textured hair needs in order to stretch curls.
• Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Primer ($13.99) – This gel cream helps to expedite safe detangling, provides enhanced definition of curls and elongates hair while preventing knotting.
• Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Definer Gel-Oil ($13.99) – This gel-oil minimizes frizz, maximizes definition and reduces drying time.
• Make It Last Wash N’ Go Curl Reviver Oil ($11.99) – This ultra-moisturizing oil refreshes curls, aids in eliminating shrinkage and seals in moisture to preserve styles. The collection is Cruelty-Free, without Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil or Propylene Glycol.
The collection is cruelty-free, without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil or propylene glycol and available at CVS in January 2019.