HARTFORD — The Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health is a first-of-its-kind plan offering that will deliver CVS Health and Aetna’s combined capabilities in the St. Louis market to help members access care when and where they need it — and at a more affordable price than a traditional plan.
The plan combines Aetna’s cost-saving performance network with access to expanded services at CVS Health retail and pharmacy. Members enjoy peace of mind with quality in-network providers and convenient access to pharmacy and retail services in their neighborhood.
Along with a convenient and connected member experience, the plan offers mid-sized businesses targeted double-digit savings relative to other comparable products in the market.
Quoting is available now for Select Accounts (101 to 300 employees) with June 2021 and later effective dates.
“This new health care model is more connected, convenient and affordable for employers and members,” said Jim Boyman, Heartland Market President, Aetna. “The Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health is helping us support members in their health care journey. The combined assets of CVS and Aetna — medical, pharmacy and retail (i.e. MinuteClinic, HealthHUB locations, retail stores) — allow members to access the care they need, where and when they need it.”
To illustrate better coordinated care with the Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health:
- Access to Pharmacist Panel — personalized counseling for high-risk members so pharmacists can introduce them to resources and options for care.
- A member can book an appointment at a MinuteClinic® to ask questions about chronic conditions, such as diabetes.
- At CVS HealthHUB locations, a concierge — who assists customers by helping them navigate health care services and products — can also connect the member to a MinuteClinic or other network provider, who can consult with the member’s primary care physician and prescribe medication, as needed, that can be picked up in the store.
- Information from the MinuteClinic visit can then be sent to the member’s network provider.
- The member’s prescription has 90-day refills and they can set their preferences to have it delivered directly to their door for free.
- The plans provide greater choice for our members. In addition to CVS, the Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health includes the option to choose other retail pharmacies.
“This plan delivers personalized engagement, greater access to care and reduced health plan costs,” said Brigitte Nettesheim, vice president, North Central Territory, Aetna. “The expanded capabilities available through the combined strength of CVS Health and Aetna create more value for employers and deliver a supportive, affordable health care experience for members.”
Additional CVS Health services include:
- $0 copay at in-network walk-in clinics, including MinuteClinic*
- Free CVS Pharmacy 1-2 day delivery on eligible Rx and select retail items
- 20% off select CVS Health-branded health and wellness products
- Access to Aetna Managed Pharmacy Network, CVS Specialty® pharmacy and Coram® home infusion services