DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreen Co.’s Community Corner supplier diversity initiative is featuring products produced by women-owned businesses on Walgreens.com through the end of May in honor of National Women’s History Month.
The drug store chain said Tuesday that Community Corner aims to highlight the successes of diverse vendors and allow consumers to easily identify and buy products made by those companies.
Through the end of this month, the following products will be featured at 50% off the regular price at Walgreens.com:
• W Brand Sensitive Skin Shave Cream by Chase Products
• Triderma MD Eczema Fast Healing Cream by Genuine Virgin Aloe
• Blue Magic Conditioning Hair Dress by Strickland and Co.
• Ampro Pro Styl Gel by Ampro
• Wrap, Snap & Go! Comfort Hair Rollers by Exceptional Products Inc.
• Releev 1 Day Cold Sore Symptom Treatment by Merix Pharmaceutical Corp.
• Fleet Enema Saline Laxative by CB Fleet Co.
• OcuSoft Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser Pre-Moistened Pads by OcuSoft Inc.
• NonyX Nail Gel for Clear, Healthy-Looking Toenails by Xenna Corp.
• MG217 Medicated Tar Shampoo by Triton Consumer Products
• Boogie Wipes Gentle Saline Nose Wipes for Stuffy Noses by Little Busy Bodies
• Paper Jam Construction Paper by Maybe It’s Time
Walgreens Community Corner program launched in February with recognition of African American-owned businesses in honor of Black History Month. The company said the program saw significant sales increases among featured products, as well as positive feedback from shoppers who were more easily able to identify diverse vendors.
The retailer added that it plans to continue expansion of the initiative to feature products produced by businesses with Hispanic American, Native American and Asian American ownership at different times throughout the year.
"Walgreens has long embraced diversity — not only in the people it employs, but also in the array of community-built brands it selects to meet the needs of its broad and diverse customer base," commented Gleatha Glispie, Walgreens’ director of supplier diversity. "Providing a platform such as Community Corner fosters an environment that enhances the development of a diverse group of entrepreneurs and empowers consumers to instantly influence economic growth in their communities. We look forward to further expansion of this initiative."
In addition to promoting its diverse suppliers, Walgreens said it’s further developing its relationships with community organizations such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and the National Urban League to support economic growth in communities.
Comments are closed.