Sean Slovenski to head strategically important business.
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart has hired healthcare industry veteran Sean Slovenski to serve as senior vice president of health and wellness at Walmart U.S., effective August 1. He will report directly to Walmart U.S. president and CEO Greg Foran.
“Sean is a proven leader and entrepreneur with an established track record in defining and building businesses within the healthcare industry,” Foran wrote in an internal Walmart email. “Previously Sean served as President of the Population Health Division for Healthways, one of the nation’s largest and most awarded population health and wellness companies with more than $700 million in annual revenue. Sean has also served as CEO of Care Innovations, an Intel-GE joint venture company, and was Vice President of Innovation at Humana. I am delighted to bring such an experienced executive on board to lead a critical area of our business.
“Health and wellness is a complex and dynamic industry, and I believe we have an important role to play in making healthcare more affordable and accessible for our customers. Because of its strategic importance, we’ve decided to put more focus on our Health & Wellness business in the near term.”
Marybeth Hays, who currently oversees the health and wellness business at Walmart U.S., is “fully engaged in this transition,” Foran said, promising to share more details about her new responsibilities at a later date. Latriece Watkins will continue to lead Walmart U.S.’ consumables business, and will report to chief merchandising officer Steve Bratspies.
Reporting to Slovenski will be the following executives:
- Paul Beahm, Senior Vice President, Health and Wellness Operations.
- Cory Gundberg, Senior Vice President, Health and Wellness – Lead in Pharmacy.
- Sandy Ryan, Vice President, Clinics and Quality.
- Luke Kleyn, Vice President, Payer Relations.
- Marcus Osborne, Vice President, Health & Wellness Transformation.
- Jinali Desai, Vice President and DMM, Rx Merchandising.
- Mony Iyer, Vice President, Optical. Iyer is set to join Walmart on July 23.