NEW YORK — L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty Brands and Racher Press Inc., publisher of MMR and Chain Drug Review, recently hosted The First Annual Dermatology and Retail Alliance, powered by CeraVe.
The all-day event, held at L’Oreal’s headquarters in Manhattan, focused on how retailers can tap the benefits of building a sustainable alliance of dermatology and retailer professions to enhance their health and beauty businesses. That topic was explored in a panel discussion featuring:
- Summer Kerley, Vice President of Clinical Services and Business Development, Rite Aid
- Kaitlin Rinehart, Divisional Merchandise Manager for Skincare and Suncare, Ulta Beauty
- Nancy Finley, Director and Senior Category Manager for Skincare and Suncare, Walgreens
- Dr. Jeffrey Fromowitz, Medical Director and Managing Partner, Dermatology of Boca
- Dr. Tamara Lazic Strugar, Hudson Dermatology & Laser Surgery and Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Siani
- Dr. Ted Lain, Chief Medical Officer, Sanova Dermatology
The event also featured a presentation by WSL Strategic Retail CEO and Chief Shopper Wendy Liebmann, who shared her company’s latest “How America Shops” research on key trends impacting skin care and wellness. In her talk, titled “Skin Futures — A Shopper Centric View of What’s Next,” Liebmann discussed shoppers’ new set of values and expectations for products, service, information and retail. Other topics explored included how digital engagement is shifting the skin care shopping journey, and the fact that different segments of shoppers have surprising demands.