SANFORD, N.C. — As the opioid epidemic is exacerbated by COVID-19, addiction support organizations, civic groups, churches, foundations, health departments, law enforcement agencies and many others continue the important work to stop opioid abuse. To assist in these efforts DisposeRx, Inc., developer of market-leading, patented drug disposal packets, has grown its Community Outreach program adding 10 new partners last month.
DisposeRx now works with 266 organizations throughout the country by donating packets of its simple at-home medication disposal solution and providing education materials on the importance of safe medication management.
The newest Community Outreach partners are:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Roane County, Harriman, TN
- Child & Family Service, Ewa Beach, HI
- City of Providence Fire Department, Providence, RI
- Counseling Services of Lancaster, Lancaster, SC
- The Delhi Township Fire Department, Holt, MI
- The Great South Bay Coalition, Youth Enrichment Services, Sayville–Bayport, NY
- Lakeview Baptist Church, Rockford, TN
- PRC Medical, Douglasville, GA
- Ready Responders, New Orleans, LA
- Wauwatosa Police Department, Wauwatosa, WI
“Our Community Outreach partners never cease to amaze us with the creative ways they are distributing our product—especially during this pandemic,” said Ann Hamlin, vice president of Scientific Affairs for DisposeRx. “They all understand that prompt and proper medication disposal is more important than ever, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with them to build their programs.”