The Wellness Experience builds on a partnership Kroger, Jewel, and Inclusion Companies have had since 2018 to create events that support physical, emotional and mental wellness. The Wellness Experience platform will expand that effort partnership with monthly digital events and healthy-living resources.
“We launched The Wellness Experience to inspire everyone to live healthier lives,” said Kroger Health president Colleen Lindholz. “The goal is to provide easy steps and solutions that combine health, wellness and nutrition and connect with our customers on a personal level. The platform also provides Kroger Health with an additional way to highlight the helpful and accessible products, services and resources we offer to support our customers’ well-being.”
Jewel, co-founder of The Wellness Experience and a multiplatinum singer-songwriter, actress and bestselling author, will co-host the summit & concert withe Frankie Grande, an actor, influencer and philanthropist. The live-streamed event will also include appearances by:
- Kroger chairman and CEO Rodney McMullen.
- Kroger chief medical officer Dr. Marc Watkins.
- Actress and writer Beth Behrs, who also serves as host and executive producer of the Harmonics podcast.
- The rock bands HAIM, X Ambassadors and Walk the Moon.
- The Country and Hip-Hop artist Willie Jones, who is also the host of Apple Music’s Crossroads Radio.
- Singer-songwriters Brynn Elliot and Grace VanderWaal.
- The Alt-Folk trio Judah & the Lion.
- Entrepreneur, Investor and Twitch co-founder Justin Kan.
- Entrepreneur and author, Molly Bloom, the subject of the Academy Award-nNominated film “Molly’s Game.”
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, an expert in child and adolescent psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Affiliate McLean Hospital.
- Dr. Judson Brewer, an addiction psychiatrist and an expert in mindfulness training for habit change, and treating addictions and other unwanted behaviors.
“We recognize that many are combating the silent symptoms of COVID 19 – anxiety, depression, and isolation – in addition to their physical health,” said Jewel. “We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I’m thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with people across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times.”
The event will also raise funds to support the Inspiring Children Foundation (ICF) and its COVID-19 mental health programs. ICF is a Las Vegas-based non-profit that aims to revolutionize youth development by providing an ideal model of education in underserved communities. For 18 years, ICF has helped at-risk youth suffering with financial distress, anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation survive then thrive at their highest levels.
To register for the free World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert, visit here.