BOULDER, Colo. — Lily’s Sweets announced it will debut nine new SKUs at this week’s Natural Products Expo East, including Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Style Caramels; Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Style Caramel Popcorn; a new two-pack format of the brand’s Milk Chocolate Style and Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups; and three new Chocolate Bars, including a 92% Intensely Dark variety, 40% Milk Chocolate Style Hazelnut Bar, and a 70% Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Bar. All nine of the products are set to launch at Whole Foods Market stores in January 2020 with other retailers to follow in the first quarter of 2020.
This announcement comes following continued, exciting growth for the brand, including being on track to double the size of its business again in 2019. Lily’s is currently up 128 percent in MULO and 44% in the natural channel.1In addition to significant distribution growth, Lily’s has a 46% repeat purchase, helping the brand grow and also exciting retailers about the brand’s ability to increase category consumption.
Each of the new offerings from Lily’s is made with thoughtfully sourced, Non-GMO and Fairtrade certified ingredients. The result is sweets with no added sugar filled to the brim with pure deliciousness. The new indulgences include:
- Milk Chocolate Style and Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels: Chewy yet smooth, this classic combination now has a no added sugar twist perfect for sharing at a party or enjoying as an afternoon treat.
- Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Style Caramel Popcorn: This movie-ready snack will melt in your mouth! Choose Milk or Dark combined with caramel popcorn for an irresistible combination.
- Chocolate Bars (2.8oz bar): Three new varieties to satisfy even more cravings, including:
- Hazelnut – 40% Milk Chocolate Style Bar
- Salted Caramel – 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Dark Chocolate Bar – 92% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Two-Pack Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Style Peanut Butter Cups: Even more perfect for the purse, take these on the go to enjoy at the office, in the car, or on your next flight.
“Our new products taste even more delicious than I could have imagined; you won’t even miss the sugar,” shared Cynthia Tice, founder of Lily’s. “We were honored to launch Lily’s nationally with Whole Foods back in 2012, and I am thrilled our long-time, valued partner will have the opportunity to offer many of these offerings right when shoppers are looking to make better choices in the New Year.”
As a retailer with a long tradition of offering its shoppers trend-setting products that fit into a variety of dietary needs and preferences, Whole Foods Market will launch all nine of the new Lily’s items in January 2020.
“Lily’s has consistently delivered sweet and confectionary options that excite our shoppers and drive category growth,” said Jason Krolikowski, Whole Foods Market senior global category merchant, candy and functional snacks. “We’re honored to continue our partnership by being the first to bring Lily’s newest offerings to market.”
Lily’s growth can be attributed in part to increased consumer interest in sugar reduction. A recent study revealed that 82% of the general population, or 4 out of every 5 U.S. adults, claim to be limiting sugar in their diets this year. In addition, 36% claim to be doing so more than last year, and 46% expect to increase this behavior next year.3
“We know consumers want delicious options with no added sugar, and we are excited to deliver indulgences that we know they will obsess over,” said Sarah Meis, Lily’s senior vice president of marketing and innovation. “Our wide array of offerings, plus increasing distribution, will ensure we hold a top spot in repeat buy rate amongst leading chocolate brands.”
These new products will officially debut at this year’s Natural Products Expo East trade show in Baltimore from Sept. 11 – 14, 2019.