HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Mars Wrigley Confectionery announced on Tuesday its 2020 merchandising recommendations and debuting new products at the National Confectioners Association Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago.
Together, these insights and innovations will support retailers in driving sales and overall category growth, the company said in a statement.
“Mars Wrigley Confectionery is committed to continually updating its global research and insights to ensure its recommendations for retailers accurately reflect the ever-evolving behaviors of consumers,” said Tiffany Menyhart, vice president of U.S. category leadership at Mars Wrigley Confectionery. “To propel retailers forward, Mars Wrigley Confectionery is offering new and never-before-seen in-store merchandising solutions. With these results-proven solutions, retailers will have the tools to create the optimal in-store experience.”
The new products being introduced reflect consumers’ changing flavor and texture preferences at this year’s expo, the company said.
“Innovation is at the heart of what we do at Mars Wrigley Confectionery and our retailers are at our core,” said Tim LeBel, president of sales. “We want to provide new and exciting products to enhance shoppers’ experiences. Our product innovations are designed to capitalize on consumer demands and trends, such as the rise of nut butters and flavor mash-ups, which have largely influenced our product offerings.”
The new items are:
- 3 MUSKETEERS Birthday Cake: The first new 3 MUSKETEERS flavor in six years is a candy bar that features a vanilla-flavored nougat and colorful sprinkles covered in rich milk chocolate. Birthday Cake is a growing trend, with sales increasing in the flavor more than 29% since 2017, the company said.
- COMBOS Jalapeño Cheddar: A combination of cheesy goodness plus a mix of spice inside a baked tortilla shell.
- Creamy SNICKERS: Caramel and a milk chocolate coating, filled with creamy, fresh-ground nut butters including almond butter, peanut butter and maple almond butter.
- DOVE Chocolate Bars: In six new bold flavors inspired by the latest culinary trends. Raspberry Rosé features real rosé and raspberries over a layer of dark chocolate.
- DOVE Chocolate PROMISES 4-Pack: The DOVE brand’s popular PROMISES format now occupies a place at checkout and gives consumers the opportunity to take this item on the go.
- DOVE Gelato Bars: Featuring two new flavors of gelato, dipped in DOVE chocolate. DOVE Gelato Salted Caramel bars are rich salted caramel gelato with dark chocolate and butter toffee bits. DOVE Gelato Triple Chocolate bars are chocolate gelato with dark chocolate and chocolate cookie bits.
- EXTRA Refreshers: A soft chew that is the first to be introduced by EXTRA and is available in three flavors· Spearmint, Polar Ice and Tropical Mist.
- MILKY WAY Fudge: Made with rich chocolate, golden caramel and fudge nougat. The introduction of Milky Way Fudge marks the newest addition to the Milky Way lineup since the release of Milky Way Simply Caramel in 2010
- M&M’S Bars: In five flavors, each consisting of milk chocolate and M&M’S Minis throughout a molded tablet bar format.
- M&M’S Hazelnut Spread Chocolate Candies: The newest M&M’S variety and features a hazelnut center and is covered by milk chocolate and wrapped in the brand’s signature colorful candy shell.
- M&M’S Flavor Vote: This year, M&M’S is bringing back the Flavor Vote program to give customers the chance to vote for its newest peanut flavor variety and the chance to enter to win an around-the-world trip. Flavors are Thai Coconut Peanut, Mexican Jalapeño Peanut and English Toffee Peanut. The winning flavor will be announced in August.