PP_1170x120_10-25-21

Patients give Hy-Vee’s Amber Pharmacy high marks

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

OMAHA, Neb. — Hy-Vee Inc. subsidiary Amber Pharmacy ranked the highest out of all U.S. specialty pharmacies in patient satisfaction with pharmacy staff in a survey conducted by Zitter Health Insights.

Amber PharmacyFielding responses from more than 3,000 patients across 38 U.S. specialty pharmacies, the Zitter survey assessed a range of aspects of patient satisfaction. Amber said that its pharmacists, nurses, pharmacy technicians and billing department scored 100%, and its customer service representatives scored 95%.

A key component of the survey was the Net Promoter Score (NPS), an index of 1 to 100 that gauges patients’ willingness to recommend their pharmacy to others. Amber said its NPS across all categories was 74, the second-highest score of all pharmacies assessed and 23 points higher than the average of all specialty pharmacies evaluated in the survey, including CVS Health, Walgreens and Accredo, among others.

In determining the NPS, the survey asked patients to rate on a scale of 0 to 10 how likely they would be to recommend Amber to a friend or family member. Amber said that about 65% of patients rated it a 10, while 17% of patients rated the specialty pharmacy a 9, resulting in a total of 82% of patients giving the company the survey’s highest rating.

The Zitter survey also assessed patient satisfaction in therapeutic categories. Among all pharmacies, Amber led the transplant category with an NPS of 83 and was among the top two pharmacies in the oncology and rheumatoid arthritis categories.

Amber said the Zitter survey allows specialty pharmacies to assess how they are perceived by patients and how they compare with competitors.

Aaron Wiese, president of Amber, attributed the company’s strong results in the survey to its staff’s hard work and dedication. “At Amber Pharmacy, we live our company values of integrity, compassion, reliability and respect every day,” Wiese said in a statement. “These results further demonstrate our focus on patient-centered care.”


ECRM-08-202222

Adheris Health

Comments are closed.

Adheris Health